Saturday, September 1, 2012

A Day in the Kitchen with Ellie

Today was a busy day spent in the kitchen with my number 1 helper Ellie. First we made banana bread, because the bananas had to made into bread, or thrown away.  We made two loaves and unfortunately the timer didn't go off, so they spent about 5 minutes longer than they needed to in the oven but they still taste alright, just not as moist as the recipe usually is.


I had to add in my fall decoration, I'm so glad it's fall!!!
Over the last few days we have acquired a lot of corn from kind friends.  We knew that there was no way we were going to eat all of it, so I blanched it, cut it off the cob, and froze it.  We are defiantly stocked up on corn for the winter!
Next we made an apple peach pie for dinner tomorrow night.  We are going over to a friends house for dinner tomorrow and it's our job to bring dessert.  Since apples, and peaches are on sale I decided to make this.
As you can imagine I had a pretty monstrous mess to clean up in the kitchen, which thankfully we finished cooking just before Ellie's afternoon nap, so I didn't have any of her "help" for that part.  I found a great recipe for chicken teriyaki in a crock pot on pintrest. It was great because all I had to do was throw everything in and let it cook for 4 hours, perfect dinner for when you have a ton of cleaning to do and no time to make dinner.  It was so good!  Andy and I loved it, and Ellie did too!

http://lakelurecottagekitchen.blogspot.com/2011/08/crock-pot-teriyaki-chicken.html
Ellie literally stayed by my side the whole day, but actually didn't get in my way.  She would leave for a minute or so and come back with some toys and make her self perfectly happy in the kitchen.  I love her!
Ignore my non-makeup face and focus on how cute Ellie is!


Ellie "cooking" with her spoon and teacup

1 comment: