Friday, December 16, 2011

In the wee small hours of the morning

The whole time I was pregnant everyone was always saying, "get your sleep now, because you won't get any once that baby is born."  Well its true, at least partly.  Now that Ellie is older I'm getting up with her twice a night usually,and getting around 4 hour blocks of sleep at a time.  On those rare occasions when she does sleep longer than normal, I wake myself up out of habit.

The other thing that everyone always said was, "sleep when your baby is sleeping".  All I can say is easier said than done.  That is defiantly time I would rather spend getting things done around the house that are not so easy to do when Ellie is awake.  Even if I do make myself lay down when she is taking a nap its hard to get my mind to shut down and rest.
But to tell you the truth I wouldn't give up my semi-sleepness nights for anything!  Don't get my wrong, I'll be over the moon when Ellie sleeps all the way through the night, but for now I'm going to try and cherish this time I have with my sweet little baby.  I know that one day in the future, that will probably come a lot faster than I am ready for, I will be wishing I had those quite moments with my daughter again.

4 comments:

  1. She is so cute!! I love the picture with Andy and her! Is she sleeping?! Its adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally know what you mean, it is not easy to nap when your mind has a giant list to accomplish!

    ReplyDelete