Saturday, May 11, 2013

Never let your fear decide your fate

Lately I've been stressing about our future.  As most of you know Andy got his bachelors degree in ceramic and we are planning on moving to Florida in the early fall for him to do a post  baccalaureate at the University of Florida.  It terrifies me to move.  There, its been said.
Reasons for the fear:

  • moving across the country with an 8 week old and a 2 year old
  • living so far from any family
  • not knowing anyone
  • applying for graduate school again
  • Andy finding a job out there
  • Finding a furnished apartment from 2000+ miles away
  • surviving the heat and humidity 
There is more probably, but it depends on the day/time/mood I'm currently in.

Today while I driving I heard a song on the radio by Awolnation, and the lyric really struck with me.  "Never let fear decide your fate".  It changed my outlook so much on everything.  I need to remember that Andy and I prayed, and fasted and know that this is the right decision.  It's scary to step into the unknown, but that doesn't mean you don't do it.  I know that everything will work out and the Lord will  protect us and everything will work out the best way possible.

All this being said I know that I will still have days when I doubt and am afraid, but I just have to be strong and remember that it is all in the Lords hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment