Monday, January 7, 2013

A New Car, and Scheels

So we did it.  We finally got a new car.  We have been talking about doing that pretty much since the day we got married because we knew our car didn't have much life left, but it kept driving against all odds so we never really looked in to getting anything else.
sweet new  ride

Well Glen, as our Ford Focus was called, decided that he was going to pull the plug on himself and died for good right before we were supposed to leave for all of our holiday traveling.  I mean like the day we were going to leave, bags packed, brand new tires on the car, he decided he was done.  I was sad, I have a lot of history with this car, and it was with us for all the adventures of the first two years of our marriage.  I really learned how to drive stick in this car, its taken me to 7 different states, Andy and I had our first kiss in this car, we brought Ellie home from the hospital in this car, like I said lots of memories.
So long story short, we took a bus down to Salt Lake and bought a 2004 Toyota Corolla, and we love it!  It has air conditioning, and I am so stoked about that!  It's time to make new memories with this car!

We are in Draper right now visiting with Andy's family while he looks at graduate schools.  They just opened a new sporting goods store called Scheels and we decided to check it out today.  It was kind of a random store.  It has a ferris wheel, placing to take pictures with stuffed animals, and robotic presidents.  The one thing that I was really excited about was a children's play area that is free.  I foresee Ellie and I spending a lot of time there this summer when we are living here and it is too hot outside.  






2 comments:

  1. We haven't been to Sheels but we've heard about it. We will have to check it out sometime. Your new car looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete