Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Genius Baby

Sometimes I really feel like Ellie is a genius.  I'm sure all parents feel that way about their kids sometimes.  It is so amazing to watch her figure things out by herself, and develop new skills.

 Just the other day I saw Ellie playing with her picnic basket, and it has all the food in shapes that you can put into the corresponding shapes on the plate. She picked up the round orange and put it straight into the circle spot on the plate.  I couldn't believe my eyes! I wanted to go on Facebook and praise her so that everyone could know how smart my toddler is and how this is sure sign that she'll be in college at age 8 (just kidding).  Then when I looked back she was walking around the living room with a box over head and running into the wall over and over and laughing.

Wow Ellie burst my bubble!

In all seriousness though, I do love watching her develop and I do swell with mommy pride everyday.
Gotta love a girl who finds a new place to eat breakfast everyday

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny. Olive loves covering her head and running in to things, too. Geniuses! :)

    ReplyDelete