Monday, November 5, 2012

Oven Roasted Mexican Chicken

I made the best chicken for dinner tonight!  I would post a picture, but we ate it all it was that good.  I got the recipe from here, but added a few tweaks to it.  Here is my slightly different recipe:
  • 3 chicken breast
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon ground mustard
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • juice of 1 lime
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika 
  1. Combine all of the ingredients, except the chicken, in a small bowl and whisk together. Place the chicken in a sealable container or bag, then pour the marinade over the chicken. Allow to sit in the fridge for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
  2. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and place the chicken on a wire rack over a baking sheet (preferably covered in tin foil to prevent the juices from burning to your baking sheet). Bake for 30-40 minutes, until cooked through and the juices of the chicken run clear. Cover with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
I only marinated for an hour and cooked it for 30 minutes and it was delicious!  I served it with mashed potatoes and corn.  It was defiantly a hit and will be added to my cookbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment