Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The ups and downs of potty training

Ellie is potty trained.  At least when it suits her best.  She sleeps through the night dry, she'll go in the toilet when we're out of the house and just in general does well.

However, she has chosen two less than ideal moments to have an accident. 

1.) We go to a music class every Monday that a woman in our ward does.  Ellie was playing on their rocking horse and I noticed a steady stream of peeing going down her legs.  Mortified I ran over and took her in the bathroom cleaned her up, changed her clothes and went back out in the living room to clean up the mess.  I sputtered our apologies to anyone who would listen as I cleaned the rocking horse.  Of coarse everyone was great because they were all moms and knew what it was like.

2.) My friend Paige is in town and we decided to go to Chick-fil-a for lunch.  Ellie was playing in the toy structure when I noticed a bunch of moms going in there and grabbing their kids, I looked at Ellie and noticed the tell tail signs of wet shorts.  Again I ran in and snatched her.  They had to shut down the play place and give it a good cleaning, much to the disappoint of all the kids there.

I was embarrassed both times, but more so with the first.  The second time I got a lot of stink eye looks from other holier than thou moms, and all I could do was laugh with Paige.  It was just an accident, and it was unfortunate that it happened there, but what can you do?  Accidents happen and I'm sure these are the first two in many public accidents that will happen with other kids that we may have.

Moral of the story; clean it up, and then have a good laugh, because there's not much else to do
The damning evidence

2 comments:

  1. Olive has been "potty trained" since like March and still has accidents. She never wets during the nights just pees when she feels like it during the day. Super annoying but Ellie is still young and doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha loved this post tami. Everett does this ALL the time. I'm glad you can laugh about it because sometimes it is so hard. The other day Everett peed all over the Primary presidents stairs. As in...he hit every stair. :) Good times. Thanks for sharing! I'm so glad there are other moms out there with potty training woes. :)

    ReplyDelete